Tuesday, July 16, 2013

College Dorm Room...Let's Talk About Storage

Hi girlies!

Today, I thought I would discuss storage for a dorm room. Now we know that dorms are typically small and sometimes crammed and cluttered. Instead of being cluttered, let's get organized. I like over-the-door storage because it doesn't take up much space and you can still store a decent amount of things on it. I had over-the-door hooks that I used for storing the towel used that day for showering, a towel wrap, the coat I was wearing that day, and for purses. You can use this over-the-door storage for just about anything from scarves and coats to purses or even shoes. 

Another great type of storage is under-bed storage. This is ideal because it is another way to maximize extra space. You can even get bed risers to add extra space under your bed for storage.

Another type of storage is, storage containers. These come in all shapes and sizes and are great for storing just about anything. I used one for my makeup and hair stuff. I would recommend using smaller ones to store things like makeup, school supplies, and hair accessories. These are also great for storing food but remember, the bigger the container, the less space you have in your room. 

The last type of storage I'm going to discuss is, hidden storage. I had a little cube from Target that I used to store dvd's, books, and miscellaneous items, but I also used the cube as a nightstand, so it did duel duty.The cube could also be used as seating if needed, so I definitely recommend one of those.


xo,
Nicole 


1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl I recently stumbled across your blog and I've really enjoyed it so I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, check out my blog where I have a post about the Liebster Award and follow!!!

    Gabrielle :D

    http://gaborillaa.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete