Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe

Hi girlies!

I don't know about you ladies, but I love Pinterest, especially for finding recipes. I found this recipe for Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti and finally made it today. Here is the recipe that I used with the changes that I made. The original recipe called for green chiles and onion but I didn't want to include either item.



Serves – 12 (1 cup each)
16 oz. dry spaghetti
1 lb. Velveeta Light cheese
12 oz. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
10 3/4 oz. can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
10 oz. can diced tomatoes (Rotel)
1/2 cup water
Salt & pepper, to taste

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine chicken and soups in slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 5 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks. Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the spaghetti) and cook 1-2 hours. I cooked my noodles separately and only cooked it to al dente. I then added the noodles to the crockpot (about an hour and half after I added the rest of the ingredients). Then I served the meal about 15-20 minutes after that and my noodles were not soggy, which was my biggest concern and the reason for cooking them al dente. 
I thought that the recipe turned out great! Maybe next time I will add more veggies like broccoli and not add quite as much cheese. Let me know if you guys try out this recipe and what you think of it if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment